All registered participants are invited to submit abstracts for their presentation at the 43rd ECC Congress.
1. Important dates
|01.02.2021||Abstract submission opens|
|prelonged till July, 16 2021||Deadline for abstract submission|
|July/August, 2021||Notification of results|
|August, 2021||Deadline for payment for registration of accepted abstracts' authors (14 days after notification)|
2. Presentation types
Please take a look at the list of topics and consider submitting an abstract for evaluation. Author(s) must indicate the thematic area that best suits their papers. Each abstract must include a correct description of objectives, material and methods, results and conclusions so that the Scientific Committee of the Congress can make a correct review.
If you prefer an online participation form it is also possible to send the abstract (after the registration process) but we encourage each Speaker to attend as an on-site participant.
The list of topics:
1. Gynecological Cytology
2. HPV Cervical Screening
3. Lymph Node Cytology
4. Head and Neck Cytology (including Salivary Gland)
5. Thyroid Cytology
6. Lung Cytology and Mediastinum
8. Breast Cytology
9. Effusions Cytology
10. Pancreatico/biliary and Liver Cytology
11. Pediatric Cytology
12. Urine Cytology
13. CNS Cytology
14. Soft Tissue and Bone Cytology
15. Molecular and Immunocytochemistry
16. Training and Teaching
17. Digital Cytology
All abstracts should be submitted and presented in English. Use clear language, avoiding complex characters or formulas difficult to understand.
4. Abstracts review and notifications
After the review by the scientific committee, authors will be notified about the results.
For sent abstracts, at least the presenting author must be registered at Congress before the end of June 2021 (prelonged till July, 16th 2021). Co-authors may also register.
DOWNLOAD ABSTRACT BOOK AS PDF
5. General Rules
• Abstracts must be sent through the online platform - link to the abstract system will be send after participant registration.
• During the abstract submission process, presenting authors must be clearly identified providing contact details (email required).
• Author(s) must select the topic that best suits their paper.
• An abstract cannot exceed in any case the 300 words. This does not include the abstract title, authors and their affiliations and references. Larger abstracts will not be admitted.
• One graph, table or diagram is allowed to be included in the abstract.
• A maximum of 3 abstracts can be submitted by the same first author.
• All abstracts will be reviewed by at least two members of the Congress Scientific Committee. The final consideration will be of the Congress Scientific Committee.
• In order to have the abstracts included in the final programme, all presenting authors must register till August 2021.
• For accepted abstracts, the presenting authors are required to be in attendance at their oral/poster sessions (allocated by the Congress organization).